A while ago, a friend of mine had shown me this pretty cool psychology test that tells you a bit about yourself and how you aspire to be. I thought it was pretty nifty, so why not share the test around?
This the infamous Blob Tree test, created by behavioral psychologist Pip Wilson. It’s a fairly simple test which will demonstrate your mental state and give you some insight on how you are as a person. Whether you believe your results and take them seriously or not is entirely up to you, but it’s a pretty fun thing to try!
In this image, you see 21 humanoid blobs on or around this tree. They all look the same except for their facial expressions and body language, which expresses their emotions.
In order to take the test, you must do two things. Firstly, you have to pick a blob that currently resembles you. This can be a physical or emotional resemblance; just pick the figure you relate the most to.
The next step is to pick a blob that you aspire to be. Whether it’s #1 holding onto the tree or #21 sitting on a branch, pick whichever one you would like to be in the future.
Take a minute to assess your decisions, but don’t overthink it! Now, we can go over the results and what each block represents.
Assess Your Results
Once you have your two figures chosen, go to each explanation and read the following information about each figure and what they represent.
- The 1st figure is self-assured, content with his life, and optimistic. He’s intelligent and is able to have a set perspective on what it wants to do in its life.
- Figures 2 and 3 are confident and ambitious. They are confident in their success, always knowing that convenient situations will be there to help them progress.
- Figure 21 tries to succeed, but it doesn’t really know how to approach the right solutions. He’s pretty suspicious of others, but he has to give up this nature, because he’ll have to learn to ask others for help.
- 9, 19, and 4 are non-social, confident, and similarly suspicious like 21. Specifically, figure 19 can have narcissistic inclinations and is envious of others’ success.
- The 4th blob gives up a little too quickly, being too insecure of his own extraordinary potential.
- The 9th blob will do all he can to prove that he is wonderful, but it’s easier for him to be alone and to not deal with others. This justifies his mistrust in other people.
- Following along, figures 7, 11, and 12 are communicative people and know how to support their friends well. They’re highly emotionally intelligent and can successfully deal with situations life throws at them, finding solutions very easily. These figures also have team spirit and can see the bright side in everything.
- Figure 5 is creative, loves their life and enjoys their moments, and is very appreciative of everything around him. He’s got a pretty good outlook on life, only accepting positive people in his doors.
- The 6th blob feels the need to be love, protected, and safe. Because of this, he ends up always falling in love with the wrong person. He has to learn to look carefully at people to make sure if they’ll help him evolve to a better person or to worsen.
- The 13th blob is unfortunately filled with despair and a loss of hope. He needs to recalibrate himself to the “tree of life” and to regain confidence in himself again. He can do this by seeking help from his loved ones.
- Figures 16, 17, and 18 are also optimistic, full of life, and proud of their team spirit. They can preform well in any field and be able to reflect on their challenges to tackle them. A specific note about 18, though, is that he likes to feel love and appreciation. He’ll easily become friends with those that give him these feelings.
- Blob 14 is very empathetic and would do anything to help other people. Despite this, though, he needs to learn to take care of his own needs and not just those of others.
- The winners of the blobs are 10, 15, and 20. They love the taste of success, even though they may achieve it in different ways:
- 10 is ambitious yet cautious. He is hardworking and determined to get anything he wants. He is also innovative and his ideas always stand out.
- 15 is motivated by the beauty of the road to success rather than success itself. He’s curious to explore new things, experience new things, and meet new people.
- 20 is ambitious as well, confident, and full of life. He’s also an innovator and isn’t afraid of taking risks with a lot of passion.
- Finally, figure 8 is both a dreamer and a romantic. He likes to have some alone time for himself, using this to recharge energy for his overall mood and socialization with others. His loved ones should respect his isolation, they should understand that he needs his own space.
Even if you may not completely identify with a description, hopefully one resonates with you at least a little bit!